Sending escape character from MicroLogix serial port configured in ASCII protocol

iknowsomeplc

Hi all,

My requirement is to send out escape character ( and also enter , line feed characters)from MicroLogix serial port configured in ASCII protocol , but I couldn't enter this characters in my string file. Is this possible? Anybody have any idea?

I don't know about MicroLogix, but in CompactLogix you can enter non-printable characters bij entering a dollarsign followed by a two-digit hexadecimal number, eg. $0A for linefeed, $0D for newline and $1B for escape.

If you're using an SLC, you can do the same by entering a backslash followed by the hex code: /0A, /0D and /1B.

Kind regards,

Similar Topics

I’m attempting to send a temperature from a SLC-5/02 to an EZiMarquee display. The vendor said to use a MSG instruction to send the data to the...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to send a null command down a comms port. But in the crimson software when i used /x00 it coming back "Cannot use null character is...
Replies
Views
I've been having some trouble figuring out how to get the ip address for the mail relay server, is it something that I need to create separately...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, We have Silo System which has temperature sensor and these sensor data will be communicating through RTU unit to the Dedicated PC...
Replies
Views
I've been trying to get this Ethernet module configured to send emails to our relay server but cannot get it to work. the EN2T is running...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom