Omron CPM2A memory corruption?

We have a CPM2A based program where some timers are behaving in a very odd manner. It seems the DM used to preset them is getting random values dumped in it somehow. The machine ran fine before now, and the program is untouched, but looking at the logic, I cannot see how the data is getting scrambled.

I'm thinking I may have some bad memory locations. Anybody seen this sort of behavior before in a CPM2A?

Thanks,

TM

What is the status of the battery in the CPM2A?
The contents of the DM are backed up by the battery when power to the PLC is turned off.
Does the 'scambling' seem to occur when the machine is powered up and running, or after it has been off (such as overnight)?

Similar Topics

Omron's CPM2A has a compact flash card slot. Can an Omron program simply be copied to a compact flash card using a Card Reader or must it be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My name is Firdaus. I am a teacher. And for the next semester I have to teach PLC to student. The problem is, I just move to this school...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks. I have a problem with an Omron CPM2A-60CDT1-D High Speed Counter. It had been working well, the problem arose when a very minor program...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks. I have a problem with an Omron CPM2A High Speed Counter. It had been working well, but the problem is that a program change was...
Replies
Views
Our company using OMRON sysmac CPM2A plc for small machine. presently we dont have the software to connect to PLC. Please anyone can send me the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom