ControlLogix to SLC-5/05 (Soyxan)

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
A new member (handle "Soyxan") posted the following to an old thread. To assist him in getting answers to his questions, I am re-posting his question:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all!

I am facing the same issue as you pointed in this thread. I need to get data from a SLC 5/05, some of the data are COUNTERS and TIMERS acc.

I've checked the PCCC over CIP Generic Messages documentation (1770-rm516), and all is referred to SLC50/1 to SLC 5/04. I am not sure if the document was released before the SLC5/05 or that the SLC 5/05 does not understand PCCC.

I've also tried the sample program that Ken Roach posted in other thread (http://plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.ph...37&postcount=6).

The point is that when i send the message i get the error:
Error code: 0001f
Ext. error code: 0000_0204
Error text: Error processing connection related service

To check the communication paths and so on i also have implemented an SLC Typed Read MESSAGE to get data from the same PLC and is working fine.

Please, can you tell me if you were able to communicate with the SLC5/05 through PCCC?

Thanks!