Crimson 3 and SLC addressing

bguinn

I'm kinda new to the Redlion touchscreens. I have played with one over a year ago, and found it a little cumbersome.

Now I am trying to use one again. I am having trouble creating a read tag referencing I:1/2. When I try to create the tag it gives me I 0000 : 0000. Do I have to count the total number of inputs and address them that way? (I 0000 : 0002)???

By the way I am using a SLC 5/01. I know it is old, but it is not a high priority, and if it ever goes out I've got a 5/03 ready to go in.

I am having trouble creating a read tag referencing I:1/2. When I try to create the tag it gives me I 0000 : 0000.
The two numbers you have to enter in Crimson are the slot number and the word number. So in your case the slot number is 1 and the word number is 0 (since it is omitted). Enter I 0001 : 0000 and select the bit number (2) from the popup menu. Unfortunately it's not very intuitive because Crimson puts the colon in the wrong place. I think they were trying to keep it consistent with the other data types, like binary or integer, where the colon is between the file number and word number.

Are you sure, even in the B's It won't let me get down to bit level. I get a B 0003:0000? So what if I am wanting to use B3:6/2?

When you define the data type make sure you make it (cant remember the exact term and im home on my mac) summin other than integer etc

If you select Int (from memory) you cant (again from memory) select a bit

Try a few of the data types and one will give you bit level addressing (again from memory!)

And my memory suffers from being attacked by grapes (y)

Memories back

You need to CREATE a NEW VARIABLE on Data Tags of type FLAG

Point it to the 5-01 and use B addressing or whatever

Then you will have a drop down for BITS

If you create an INTEGER you will have no access to bits

You can address bits of integers in C2 or C3 using the period eg INTEGER.6 is 6th bit (from memory again!) of the integer

Last edited:
The HMI reads the entire B3;xxx word. By default it treats it as an unsigned integer. In the "Treat As" box, select "Bit Array". I'm not sure whether it needs to be little endian or big endian. Once you've done that you can select the bit number.