Fanuc Robot P-55 with RJ Controller: Register Dump

Mackers2006

I have a Fanuc Robot P-155 with an RJ Controller. In just sitting idle for a while, I get what is called a Register Dump. It requires a re-start of the controller. I have tried swapping some of the internal boards with good known replacements, with no good result. The fault looks like this on the robot teach pendant.
*** SERVO REGISTERS ***t(Group 1)
System Aborting (Date & Time)
[USE]System errornal Emergency Stops
<< REGISTER DUMP >>
00000000 00000000 00000000 000000000
00000002 XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

Has anyone experienced the phenomina and know how to cure it?
The manual is very vague in dealing with this issue. o_O
Thank You.

Last edited:
Its been to long for me on a RJ. Go to Robotforum. Register and post. There are a lot of these still in service and they can help you. I will try to dig up a old manual most likely a RJ2 but would be close enough. If I find anything I will post you in both sites.

Mackers2006,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I am active on another forum and saw someone with this same issue and would like to try and help. With the exception of this old post I have not been able to find anything else online regarding this issue. I know this was a long time ago but I thought perhaps you may still have some insight. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!!!