rslogix 5000 and devicenet

rigicon

I have rslogix5000 professional network edition. i bought a compact logix l32 i think (at work) and a devicenet scanner. I want to talk to remote IO and 5 ABB robots over devicenet. The scanner will be the master. say no more than 8 nodes. I downloaded rsnetworx but it is a demo which can handle 5 setups.

Question is do what software do I really need already having the rslogix i thought was enough do I need to buy the rsnetworx ?
all the nodes and robots are pure slaves. so all i really need is to set up the scanner.

The functions you need to perform are what RSNetworx for DeviceNet does.

If you have RSLogix 5000 Professional Edition, then all the RSNetworx software licenses are included with your RSLogix 5000 license (EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, and DeviceNet).

Check the license carefully to make sure it's for RSLogix 5000 Professional Edition (9324‑RLD700NENE).

Figuring out bundle licensing can be a challenge if you didn't get the software all at once... inventory your version numbers, including RSLogix 5000, RSNetworx, and the FactoryTalk Activation client and/or server and we (or RA Tech Support) can work it out.

If it turns out you don't have a license for RSNetworx, one approach you might use is the QuickConnect feature of the 1769-SDN. If the attached slave devices are very simple and don't require much configuration, QuickConnect can set up the scanner without using RSNetworx.

Thanxs Ken Roach I am uninstalling the demo cause it seems to have mucked things up a bit my rslogix must be older than I thought. It definitely said professional / network rslogix5000 v16. I'll let you know as soon as.

Please help I uninstalled rslogix 5000 all the packages. I even manually deleted all the folders and files. I have been regediting deleteing all the rockwell entries. Everytime I try install rslogix 5000 again the setup fails and generates a log file. the log file says that it had an error.
Is there no way i can search and delete all the files rslogix made and do a clean install?
I used tuneup utilities to clear all the restore points (yes I am an idiot but I got 7.5GB back)I dunno.

Last edited: