Rx3i - Redundancy

Hi

I am using Rx3i system with Redundancy. It consists of CPU, Ethernet module and 3 Modbus module per set.

The 3 modbus modules consists of 6 ports, each modules have 2 ports. so i have 1,2,3,4,5,6 ports in one CPU and 1,2,3,4,5,6 ports in another CPU which is redundant.

My doubt is,
If port 1 got failure in CPU1 then CPU2 will take over as per redundant we can say right?

If port 6 got failure in CPU2 then what happens. CPU1 has already failure port.

Can we able to make redundancy for each port because port 6 from CPU1 has no failure. If in that case how can i achieve, do i need to change the hardware configuration or can two modbus master can read the data from single slave.

You will need to fix the port in CPU1 before any ports in CPU2 fail.
This is the reason for "Hot Standby". If you are concerned with Serial ports dropping connection, "Hot Standby" is not the answer. Serial port redundancy is a different issue that is generally taken care of locally by logic or by duplicating lines and modems.

Is it possible to make CPU1 (duty) to access CPU2 (standby) COM modules using any sofware logic.

The concept is like accessing remote rack Modbus communication modules.

Is it possible to make CPU1 (duty) to access CPU2 (standby) COM modules using any sofware logic.

The concept is like accessing remote rack Modbus communication modules.
No.
This is not the purpose of "Hot stand by". If you want redundant serial ports add ports to each of the redundant racks and if one port quits working switch to another in the same rack.
But how do you decide that one port is not working, how long will you wait for a response? If your communications is so critical maybe you need two connections continuously to each remote node. Or "Redundant I/O".

Hi

I am using Modbus communication so there must be only one connection (Master)will be possible at a time.

How can i achieve two connections continously to each node as you mentioned.

In the Rx3i Redundant program works when CPU or Com port fails then the standby will take over but i want to include someother module failures also for switch over. I want to custom the logic for switchover, how it can be done.