Dropped packets to panelview? Help!

98ramtough

Hi there. I am a network guy, but not a process control guy. Learning fast I guess. haha.

Anyway, here goes.

We have a few allen bradley panelview 1500s that when going through a stratix 8000 switch to access, drop ping packets. The drops get worse the higher you get. You can ping it at 800b but as you raise it up to 1200 or higher they drop more and more the bigger you get. Is this normal? The performance is very slow and unreliable. Any idea what could cause this?

How many devices (PLC's) is it talking to?
How much I/O is it requesting? Alarming? Trending?
How many OTHER PV+ terminals / HMI terminals are talking to the same device(s)?

Similar Topics

Hello PLCS.net! Link here: https://www.rockwellautomation.com/en-us/products/software/factorytalk/whats-new.html Seems like Rockwell is actually...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I am new to the community and i would just like to first say hi. I will be posting alot of questions as i am newer to PLCs and will...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've recently converted 3 existing processes from an OPTO22 control system to a SLC 5/05. Now that everything is in operation, my...
Replies
Views
Hello, We were wondering how you guys avoid dataloss when the power drops down? Are there possibilities to store data (fast) in some memoryplaces...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Presently I am trying to migrate an Old project built on Simatic Manager 5.5 SP1. However, while migrating I am getting error as...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom