Modicon - Quantum PLC - How to make DOs reset on powerup?

FNC

I have a Quantum PLC that is up and running. I am trying to make it so that when the PLC is powered on that ALL Digital Outputs are reset. My DO cards are part number 140 DDO 353 00.

I have called Tech Support and they say that there is no way to have all the DOs start at '0'. You'd think the card could be configured to do this.

I have tried moving the %S1 status bit to %S0 which forces a cold boot on powerup but any DOs that were on before the PLC was powered off will turn on for 1 scan before the coldboot resets them along with all the memory registers. Since these DOs are opening closing high voltage breakers I cannot have them turn on for 1 scan and then turn off right away.

Any suggestions?

Wow... That sounds silly. If it's that critical, I'd feed power to the DO's through a separate source, that is isolated on power down, like an ESTOP relay perhaps?

I guess that is an option.

I still think it is crazy that there is no option for all DOs to start off on powerup.

One way may be to use a latched coil to reset them. Modicon latches will only be on for the first scan on power up.

That may take some programming but it should work.