1784 PCMK / B Card

Mark_Valspar

I will try to get all the information down the first time but will probably fail.........

I am unable to log on to any SLC. Have tried 502 and 503 via 1784 PCMK / B card using the RG 53 cable - 1784pcm4/b.
Have tried 2 different cables and multiple PLC's.

I am new at this facility and am told the computer and card was working.

The computer is running XP Pro and just updated factory talk by corporate .......... This may be the rub.

Using:

RSlinks lite ver 2.54.00.11 CPR9 SR1
RSLogix500 ver 8.10.00 (CPR9)

Have RXlogix5000 ver 16.03.00 (CPR9) with revisions thru 17 installed on the same computer along with all kinds of factory talk that I know zero about. Can use 5000 via ethernet to connect to 5000 series plc's.

Any help would be appricated.

How is the driver in RSLinx set up?

That card can speak DH+ or DH485, but not both at the same time, so you must use the DH485 settings for 5/01, 02, 03.

Look under configure drivers (in RSLinx) and look at any KT drivers you have set up.

By default, the driver will be named "AB_KT-1" followed by the mode (DH-485 or DH+), then the station number assigned to the card (must be unique on the network), and the driver status (must be RUNNING).

If you need to switch between DH485 and DH+ networks, you can set up a driver for each, and just stop one of them before starting the other.

Okay - The DH 485+ was running and the others stopped.

So I need to use the DH485 - currently this is set up on COM01 and station 00. Is this still using the PCMK card or another port?

Okay - On the configer driver in RXlinxs I have AB_DF1-1 Station 00 Com 01 running and had the others stopped.

I did a auto confige and it stated "failed to find baud and parity" "check cables and switch settings".

It had baud set at 19200, parity none, stop bits 1, station 00, error checking CRC, protocol full duplex.

I tried it anyway and it would not connect.

Thanks for the help.