Pv 300

dhuber

Hi,

I added some faults to my alarm banner on the panelview 300 that have, i re downloaded the program and i got this fault showing up on the panelview screen.
Application Flie
Contains Errors

I only changed things in the alarm banner, not sure what the issue is. The application validates fine and downloads to the panelview, it will just not run. I put the old program back in for now, so i know its something with the changes i made.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have never encountered this before, so this is merely a guess.

Is it possible that you somehow added a alarm trigger tag to the Panelview (when you did you changes) that does not exist in the PLC. For example, if you created a new trigger that monitored the address "B10:0" but there actually was no B10:0 in the PLC, I would think that it would give you a fault of some sort. Or, if you simply created some new messages, say you created a message that used the trigger B11:0 and the message you created had a value of 25. This will validate fine, but lets say that in your PLC your data file for B11 is only 1 element long...in that case it would be impossible to monitor a bit value of 25...
Just a guess...

Last edited:
Im going off of a value though, not a bit, so i am using an N7 word for each alarm trigger and writing a value to it.
One thing i did figure out is that only looking at one PLC for alarms and not the other works.
I have pushbuttons going to the other plc, i just can't write alarms to the HMI?
Everything is on the same network.
If i cant figure it out, ill have to write it to the other plc and then to the HMI.

Hello eveyone, dhuber's co-worker here, he's holding up the afternoon shift this week, so I'm here trying to figure out this problem until he gets in.
I've attached the two programs, 1 has the faults for 1 PLC only and works fine, the other has the faults for both PLCs and had the error.

Thanks in advance for the help

So we've programed our way around the issue, just write the fault register from the one PLC to the Other and drive the alarm trigger from the second PLC only.

But I wouldn't mind knowing if anyone spotted something in the HMI programs that were posted?

Thanks for all the help everyone

I'm surprised it validates but then gets a runtime error. Error code 2008 indicates that the runtime referenced an object that didn't exist.

The Tag databases are identical down to the last byte.

I couldn't find anything that looked incorrect in the program files you sent.

You could try upgrading the firmware in the terminal, or doing a Tag Usage review and deleting all the unused tags to make sure there's nothing weird in the database.

That tag called "0_0_1" looks a little funny... I don't know if there are many restrictions on tag names in PanelBuilder32.