Panel view 1400e - - remote access

Hi experts,

Any possible to access the panel view from remote place - If yes ,please tell me the procedure.

Yes.
Depends on what type of access that you want and what you mean by "remote place" If you want to be able to program the panelview from afar, I would look into a serial to ethernet converter to get it onto a network with access where you need it.

If you want to see and operate the screens from afar, you are out of luck. The Panelview classics don't allow for remote access. You could replace that PV1400e with a new Panelview Plus and use the viewpoint feature for remote access with a web browser.

Hi jimbo,
We want to monitor the alarm status of the machine. because sometime operators said that machine down ,but when we go there , nothing was abnormal. Now, we are downloading the alarm history from panel view, only that we suspect the operators telling lie. Is that possible to always monitor the alarm/error status online from afar. we dont want to access/operate that panel view. this is same like a surveillance.

thanks

Last edited:
I saw a "poor man's" SCADA system once where the system operator pointed a web cam at the screen so he could check it from home.