TI help please

eastkodakguy

What does read base mean andwrite base mean?
If I am understanding correctly read disk means it is reading the IO table from my saved program right?
and read plc is reading what my plc is showing for IO right?
My dilema
retrofitted machine with new servos. Downloaded new code for retrofit in and I am now getting I/O module fault and IO data table does not match plc.
I tried reloading the old program back in to see if I still had the same problem and I did. I dont seem to think this is a hardware issue but I am going to try swapping modules tomarrow to see if I still see it. Could anybody give me some help as to what the problem could be
thanks
Dallas

Hello eastkodakguy;

Read base and write base are I/O configuration tools for the TI545 series PLCs (maybe also for older families...). A base is an I/O rack; read base means requesting identification from modules present in the base, so that the correct number and range of addresses are reserved for the programm; write base means saving this information in the program.

However, once you do a read base, you might have lost the actual addresses used in the program for the modules in the base. You would then need to re-assign these addresse so they correspond with the program. That could be the source of your error messages.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

The first thing i would do is check your wiring to the PLC first.
If it isn't hardwired yet and obviously you erased original working program you should check your program offline and verify its compliled correctly.
Review how many bases are established.If you installed a new board(on existing PLC) in the process verify PLC see's it before dowloading the program.

ti545 and ge rtu(DNP 3.0)

What would be the best and easiest way to link the ti545 to a ge rtu w/ DNP 3.0 PROTOCOL CONFIG PRO 4 VERSIONS