siemens FC10

Bent

I am scanning a bacode and putting it into DB500 STRING[31]. After I am done with the barcode I move DB501 STRING [31] that is all zero's into DB500. I am trying to use FC10 to compare my barcode with DB501 to make sure that the barcode scanner read. I use my VAT table and they are clearly different but my RET_VAL is always 1.

What do I need to do to compare my barcode string? :confused:

I don't fully understand your question here. Is the string you get in the software (DB500) different then the one you scan? Most barcode scanners give you the ASCII code so you might need to translate it again?

I am using FB64 "TRCV" to bring in a barcode from a scanner. The barcode from the scanner is placed into DB500.DBX2.0BYTE27. From here I am sending the barcode to our AS400 server using FB63 TSEND. I want to some how know that a new barcode has been scanned after I send the string. I am doing a BLK MOVE and moving DB501 into DB500. DB501 has no data, it is all zero's. I am then ready to recieve the next barcode. Using FC10 I was trying to compare DB500 with DB501. The PLC tells the barcode scanner to read and it does not, FC10 would see that the barcode scanner did not send a barcode into DB500 because it matches DB501.

The issue is I can look in a VAT table and see that data has been recieved into DB500 but FC10 RET_VAL is always 1.

can you post a screen shot of your VAT table ?

Step 7 strings have 2 bytes at the front that specify the max length and actual length of the string - do your strings have these 2 bytes set correctly ?

DB501 has zero's in the first two Bytes, I will change them so they are the same as DB500. Thanks!