proximity switches telemechanique XS4P30MA230

jamilhisham

I have a problem with this sensor. How do I know if they still work or is damaged. led does not light up when he moved to the proper place. Please help me....

have only 2 wire... i'm not sure npn or pnp?... i'm background in electrical power dont know advance in plc... please help i need to replace it if unit damage. Thanks

If that's the case: Hook it up to a 240V test lead. Put a 60W light bulb on the other end of the sensor. That'll give it a good work out. Wave a piece of Ferrous steel in front of it.

There will be a direct replacement available. You a have a common size and spec'd sensor.

Lightbulb should be 240v and not 120v.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Here we only have 120v, there you are on 240v. It was a funny thought to think of the bulb burning very bright for just a second. :)

On my last trip to Brazil the hotel receptacles would accept either a European 2-pin plug or a US style blade plug. It was discreetly labelled 240v. My laptop and phone charger and electric razor were all dual voltage with US style blade plugs.

However a colleague plugged his 120vac electric razor into a receptacle. It went poof and that was that, no shave for you!