Help!!!!

dt

D
I accidentally erased the system files off an Omron NT30 touchscreen (monochrome). Much to my horror I just found out that they are not included in the NT Support software. Does anyone out there have a copy of this file?
Thanks a bunch in advance for any feedback,
D.

NEWS FLASH!!!

Apparently, the system files for this model are available on the NT Series Support Tool version 4. So if anyone out there has got it, please let me know,
Thanks,
D.

Back on track

Thanks for the come back Bob. Fortunately, my local Omron dealer was kind enough to e-mail me the file from his NTST 4.6. It worked with the installer in my 3.3 version, and everything works fine now. I was in a bit of a panic when I sent out this post, but I'm MUCH better now. I bought the screen off of ebay for 60 bucks for a home project, and the thought of having to buy NTST 4.6 for one file wasn't too appealling. On a side, I didn't realize that NTST was up to v.4.6. I'm still working with 3.3, has it changed much?
Thank again,
dt

Not a great deal on the surface. However, there is a lot of change under neath to allow the newer screens to be programmed.
beerchug

This might seem like a stupid question, but do you have the capability to perform a file search on the touch screen? If you can, how about searching for any files that start with a “?” on that particular day. I’ve erase files before that I was able to recover later. I understand that most cpu/pc’s do not actually erase the file, but simply change the first letter of the file name to a question mark. The computer is then instructed to ignore those files.

FYI Barry - when DT said he accidently erased the system files on the touch screen is like reformatting a computer. Got to then install the operating system then, hence the System Program installer.

Flash!!! It's gone...

It's because these touch screens, like their plc conterparts, use flash rom chips. You initialize the chip and everything goes. On this particular screen (all Omron screens I believe) you have a choices of which data you want gone. I.e. screen data, history data, system data, etc. Unfortunatly, I flicked the wrong dip switch and the lights went out in Georgia. That'll teach me for not reading the manual more carefully. Anyhow all's well that ends well, and I'll be going to sleep a little less stupid tonight.

I knew it was a stupid question to ask. Glad I asked it though,
because now I know. Learned a couple of other things along the way
too.

Learning though attrition, assimilation, and just plain watching!