Contrologix Gateway

timsta

I am trying to create a hardware based Gateway using a ControLogix backplane with a 1756-DHRIO , and a 1756-ENBT/A.
They have both been configured and I can browse the 2 Data highways(DH+) connected to the DHRIO module and access both via one KT driver but when I look under the TCP-1 driver I can only see the backplane, the 1756-DHRIO, the 1756-ENBT/A, but I cannot tunnel down the ENBT module to see the 2 Data Highways.

What do I have to do to monitor the DataHighway connection via the ENBT/A module?

The appropriate driver for the Ethernet card is the "Ethernet Devices" or the "EtherNet/IP" driver. While the "TCP Gateway" driver will work for some applications, it's specific to old RSLinx Gateways and shouldn't be used for this application.

Make sure that you have an EDS file registered for your 1756-DHRIO so that RSLinx Classic knows that it's a link to DH+ networks rather than just a general purpose module. If you have an EDS registered, then there will be [+] signs next to the ChA and ChB icons when you "drill down" to the 1756-DHRIO.

It helps, when researching communications issues, to post the operating system and service pack, the version of RSLinx Classic software, and the firmware revisions of all the devices you know about.