S7-300 to S7-300 data transfer using DP Coupler

smakdown61

I made a previous thread about s7-300 communications in reference to choosing and setting up the right hardware. I decided to go with the DP/DP coupler. I have already set it up in the hardware config and verified there are no bus errors on the processor or dp coupler.

This thread is to verify my code for transferring data is the best way of doing this. Here are summaries of the attached code:

Station B: This is the station doing the sending. I wait for Station A to send me its "OK to send bit" then I jump to the network where I load all my data into the appropriate output registers of the coupler.

Station A: Here I'm waiting for the "OK to receive bit" sent from Station B. Once it sees that bit it proceeds to read in the values from the input registers of the dp coupler. Note that while not showing in my attachments, the "OK to send bit" that goes to station B initializes in the OB100 startup block. This starts the transfer/receive cycle.

I use these "OK to send/recieve bits" to make sure it doesn't start sending while its receiving or vice versa. I seem to be getting some values but not all and its hard to read since it shows it in hex. Any input would be appreciated.

Hardware list:
Two 318-2DP processors
One DP/DP Coupler.

You seem to use in and out bytes only. I presume your values are integers or reals?

Case integer:
L MyInteger
T QW x

Case Real:
L MyReal
T QD x

The same pattern for the inputs (IBx/IWx/IDx)

Kalle