How to get the focus object's name in RSView SE?

NBADAM

HI,GUYS:

I'm working with RSVIEW SE. I'm trying to get the focus object's name (or the object that is mouse on) at runtime when client key is pressed, then start IE and navigate to the URL related with the focus object's name, can any body tell me how to do it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Is it possible to do this in SE ? It's really troubling me.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Any suggestions or response will be welcome.

This is my guess of what you may need to do

Create a graphics screen with an ActiveX oject on it that selects the Microsoft Web Browser and the experiment with getting it to point where you want.

Use VBA, and make a horribly messy "OnFocus" event for everything on the screen. In that event, set either a global VBA string, a text field on the display, or a String Tag to what you want.

I'm pretty certain there are better ways of achieving what you want, if you would describe it better.

Thanks Gil47 and rdast. :site:

I have a project with 9 areas and over 1,000 displays; what I want is: when operator move mouse on to a element in a loaded displays, he can press a key to get more information about the element from a ASP htm page. For example, if operator move mouse to a value, press key "F1" , IE will be started and navigated to the htm page about the value’s pictures, working principle ,instruction tips, etc.

I think it is a terrible way to write VBA to every element because of there are so many displays and elments. So I creat a ASP website , creat a client key to display a graphic screen that contains web browser ActiveX object just like Gi147’s suggestion, attempt to use the display’s name and focus element’s name as URL parameter. But it seems impossible to get the focus object's name before my own graphic screen is started.

Any more suggestions?

I don't know if it will work, but could you possibly extract the tooltip text? IIRC, Windows will pop up a tooltip as a separate child window, so you should be able to spy it.
Assign a real Windows tooltip by highlighting an object in studio, right clicking, and picking property panel. Every single group or graphical primitive can have a tooltip associated with it.

Windows 98 will load applications to the foreground using the "APPSTART" command by default.
Windows XP will load applications to the background using the "APPSTART" command by default.

Using "APPACTIVATE" does not move applications to the foreground like it says it does.

Easiest Solution:

1.) Create a batch file (.bat) in your root directory (C:\). Example: C:\focus.bat
2.) Edit the .bat file to issue an application start command. Example: C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE
3.) Double-Click on your newly made batch file to prove application starts.
4.) Go back into rsView and issue the "APPSTART" command for the batch file. Example: APPSTART C:\focus

Customization Notes:

A.) Different .bat file name can be used in Step 1.
B.) Different directory can be used in Step 1.
C.) Different applications can be used in Step 2.