Ge Fanuc 90-30. logic problem

Iman

Hi guys,
I am working on a used printing machine that uses GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC. I can connect to the plc through Versa Pro. When I want to load the PLC logic an error appears and says " There is no logic in the PLC". I am sure about the connection because I can load the configuration and see the active inputs.But I am not sure about the logic. Does this PLC have any EPROM or sth like EPROM that I can be sure about the program that exist on the PLC or not.
Please guide me

Open the hardware configuration and look at the properties of the CPU. If the OEM used the non-volatile memory options, the CPU will be configured to load program and/or data from EPROM instead of from RAM. If it loads the program from RAM and the battery is drained, that would explain the message you got from VP.

What is the part number of the CPU? With that information you can get a more specific answer.

Thank you guys. I have another question :) . Is it possible to store only configuration file to the PLC and not the compelete folder in GE fanuc 90-30? I mean after changing that you suggest, should I store the whole folder in PLC or is it possible just store the HWC file?

When the PLC is running, all you can download is the program logic. When it is stopped, you are given the option of downloading the logic, the hardware configuration, and the data values stored on the PLC. You can choose to include any or all of those three choices in the download, so the answer to your first question about whether it is possible to store only the hardware configuration file is yes. The answer to your second question of whether you should store a the entire project folder or just the hardware configuration file is "it depends".

Be careful about downloading data values. If you haven't previously uploaded data values from the PLC, you'll wind up writing zero to all memory locations.

I recommend that you start a new project and "upload" all datat from the CPU first, then begin experimenting.

error in firmware

I started a new folder and download the configuration file(HWC file) .In CPU module I changed the logic array from RAM to PROM .Then I saved the file. Now I have another problem when I want to store the hwc file to the PLC an error apears and said the firmware 4.02 is incompatible and the minimum version should be firmware 8.21 .I have searched for this firmware but I couldn't find aything.What should I do with this error?
My cpu model is CPU 341.

To upgrade firmware for the CPU341 you need to replace a chip on the mother board. The part number is 44A731240.

You can set up VersaPro to either ignore, warn or prevent download to older firmware versions. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact steps or which tab in the navigator window gets you to the menu where you can make the changes. But now that you know the capability exists, I'm sure that with a bit of searching you can find it. My licensed copy of VersaPro is on an old laptop with NT as the operating system. I don't boot it up too often anymore.

If I remember correctly, the most serious issue when using VP with an older firmware version was that sometimes, benign activities like looking at the fault tables in VP could cause the CPU to stop running. Depending on what the PLC is controlling that could no more serious than hitting an emergency stop. In other systems it could cause serious problems.

Thank you Steve, I found the navigator for ignoring that error. But when I ignore the revision checking and want to store the configuration setting on the PLC, Windows error message for sending this error to microsoft appears and after that the program is suddenly closed.Also I forget to say this before, when I want to load the logic from PLC after it says
There is no logic on the PLC
again I have that Windows error message for sending error to microsoft and then the program is suddenly closed.
I think, it's about my Versa Pro. What do you think? Do you have any other suggestion to communicate with GE without Versa Pro. I try logic Master but because it isn't the original copy I coudn't install it. Can I store a program on the PLC without upgrading the firmware?

If you have the LogicMaster install disks, they can be installed on a Windows 2000 computer or older, use serial number 9123456789 or 9123412345 if prompted or any 10 digit number beginning with 9.
HTH

The problem is, when I insert the first disk and type INSTALL.EXE it says
(+25554)This disk is not the original master diskette
I don't have any chance to type the serial number :cry:
I forgot to say that my OS is windows XP .