how long do you wait to be paid for work

spidermonkey

Ok I was a tech for a company for 10 years they went under I moved

I get a call from my old plant mang saying they have a plant where I am locally that needs help with some automation issues.

We agree that I would take the day off my job go help them out for a set fee.

I did the job he said they will mail the check how long is reasonable to question him I know a lot of plants pay bills after 90 days

But I lost a day of pay I thought it would be quicker to be paid

Ok I was a tech for a company for 10 years they went under I moved

I get a call from my old plant mang saying they have a plant where I am locally that needs help with some automation issues.

We agree that I would take the day off my job go help them out for a set fee.

I did the job he said they will mail the check how long is reasonable to question him I know a lot of plants pay bills after 90 days

But I lost a day of pay I thought it would be quicker to be paid

Industry Standard is 30 days, but I have seen lots of companies work on 60 or 90 days. This should have been disclosed up front.

Stu....

Industry is stretching out payment terms. 30 days on PO usually means 60 days in reality for many companies. The larger the company the slower they pay in general.

Did you send an invoice? If not do so immediately. For many companies, without a formal invoice they don't pay, period. If you did send an invoice, did you have net 30 days on it?

Make sure you have things in writing up front. It is plain good business, even when working for a buddy. Far too often the guy you know isn't the guy that cuts checks! The people that cut checks are paperwork driven.