SLC5/04 comm problem processor node

bbear

I have a SLC5/04 that has faulted and I have to change the processor. The Controller Communication Processor Node is a 34 in the program. I cannot link to the new SLC5/04 unless I change the Controller Communication Processor Node to 1 in the program. However I need it to be 34 but when communicating with it while a 1 I cannot change the Processor Node in Controller Communication back to a 34. What am I missing? Can anyone help, please.

I have a SLC5/04 that has faulted and I have to change the processor. The Controller Communication Processor Node is a 34 in the program. I cannot link to the new SLC5/04 unless I change the Controller Communication Processor Node to 1 in the program. However I need it to be 34 but when communicating with it while a 1 I cannot change the Processor Node in Controller Communication back to a 34. What am I missing? Can anyone help, please.

I would Download the Program with the RS232 Port on the SLC5/04. You will have to change your Communications Path in the Program to the DF1 Driver while you do the initial Download. Then you can change it back to the DH+ Driver, and go Online with the Processor.

Stu.....

You can also download the program to node 1 over DH+, then it'll complain saying you're about to lose communications because it's going to change to 34 when it goes back into run. Then go back online with node 34.

I connect RSLinx through RS232 sucessfully but when I try to download I have the same issue. The Processor Node needs to be a 1 and I do not have the option of changing it once I am connected with the Downloaded program with Processor Node 1. Could I have a bad spare SLC5/04 or am I not seeing something I should?

You need to set the node to 34 under channel configurations channel 1 tab. Leave it set to 1 under controller properties.

Then download and it will complain about losing communications on channel 1 and will boot you out, then you can go back online with it as node 34.

I would Download the Program with the RS232 Port on the SLC5/04. You will have to change your Communications Path in the Program to the DF1 Driver while you do the initial Download. Then you can change it back to the DH+ Driver, and go Online with the Processor.

Stu.....
This worked. Thanks again to all who read and respond.