finger print access

jimtech67

I need to restrict access to a PV 1000 screen. I have password logic working but no matter how many times the password is changed it gets out. We even used a password that changes according to the date but this info got out also. From past experience with this customer a key for a key switch will be lost or the hiding place will be found

Ok here it comes may be silly to some.

Does anyone make "stand alone" finger print access device that will close a dry contact or 24VDC output, 120VAC output (whatever) to a PLC input?

Or any other ideas out there? I figured this will be fun to see all the different ideas.

GO JETS

Have you seen the movie National Treasure? Nicholas Cages character lifts a finger print from a museum worker who touches a document which he had handed to her. He uses some plyable material to lift her fingerprint and transfers it to a card which when presented to a finger print reader, gives him access into a restricted part of the museum.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.............

Saw the Myth Buster guys defeat finger print locks......... Hope my customer's workers are not fans Found some stuff online was hoping there was a heavy duty industrial type device out there.. It will in some what of a hostile environment

Go JETS
sign Revis

The above are primarily designed for industrial automation.

I would not worry about anyone cracking them. Lets be real i doubt you have operators that smart that want acess to the control system.

If you do then they need to be doing a different job. I was about to say supervision but that takes less skill than a operator in most enviroments.