Factory Talk View ME

shildreth

I have used this software for about 2 years. Today I go to open it and click on the short cut and it will not open. Nothing happens. Any ideals how to open it.

Scott

Have you tried going straight to the .exe?

Default directory would be:

C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView Enterprise\Launcher.exe

Yes I did that this morning as well, same thing nothing.

Scott

That's a bummer. Have you looked to see if it is running in the task manager once you open it? If I'm not mistaken, it shows up as VStudio.exe.

I guess this won't fix anything, but you can see if it's launching.

One thing you might try is disabling your wireless card.

We had a guy that would launch RSLogix5k, wait, nothing. Double click it again, nothing. Eventually he disabled his wireless and about 10 instances of RSL5k pop up. We could see that the .exe's were in task manager, but the application was not visible until his wireless was disabled (for some reason).

When this would happen, it was repeatable. If the app would not load, disable the wireless. The strange thing was, some days it would load just fine with the wireless on.

Master disk or Factory Talk activation?

If Master Disk, have you installed any new licenses since the last time you wanted to run the software?

In fact I've had problems where my Rs5 software won't open after I installed a newer activation for another project. There ends up being a file I have to delete off the root drive to correct the issue.

There is a KB on it, Let me look that up again.