WinCC Flex 2008 calculate after data entry - Faceplate

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have a faceplate where the user has to enter a time, in seconds. This raw entry is milliseconds and usually i would use the tag settings to linear scale it by a factor of 1000.

There are approx 12 entries on the faceplate that would need this.

Because i am using a data structure linked to a udt which is type time i was wondering how i could call a script to do this. I notice there is a input finished event.

Alternatively I could do some mods in the PLC code to do it

On possible way is to use internal faceplate tags for your input fields in the faceplate. Then "OnFinishInput" event you call the script in faceplate. In the script you can call all internal input values and do the calculation and the assign the values to the structure tags.

This only works one way. You cant change the values in the PLC and display them on the HMI. You can only enter values in the faceplate and write them to the PLC

Hi Bratt
I went with my original thoughts and changed the time to int then modified the PLC code to multiply by 1000. WinCC Faceplates seen slightly crippled

Cheers