problem of counting via incremental encoder

ijazmoughal

Hi all. I just want to know the speed of a roller. So i used incremental encoder of 200pulses and interface it with s5-95U PLC. In PLC i used an up counter to calculate the no of pulses. The problem i am facing is when encoder moves slowly it is giving exactly 200 pulses but when encoders moves fast plc counter mises a lot of pulses. Can anyone help me in this matter.

The pulses are coming too quickly, you will have to use a High Speed Counter input instead of a standard input. I have no experience with the S5 so cannot give you any part numbers.

Similar Topics

Dear All, I have a problem with the Simatic Timer. I'm writing a program to check the pulse signal input, if the input signal is keep changing...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm currently working with a siemens PLC 314C-2DP and am using the fast counter input(channel 2) with an incremental encoder...
Replies
Views
Thanks For All The Help After spending almost every moment since last posting working on my problem a solution presented itself yesterday. I...
Replies
Views
Hello ppl. I'm makeing a machine that slit's metal into several lines.I am working with a C7 635 OP. And ofcourse I measure how much metal was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have had problem with upgrading some projects from v16 to v18. I tried it on 3 diffrent computers. I want to post this so that anyone that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom