Index table with Omron

ste1171

Hi,

I am writing a program for an machine that has an index table with 8 stations.

The program is basically complete but I am having trouble with one feature. I want to be able to track certain features with a hift register and shift the information around the table from station to station. I am using the SFT function to do this.

Here is what I want to do: ( table has indexed and is in position)

cycle test station.
if bad part - load a value of 1 into the shift register.
index table - shift bit when command to index

I would keep shifting this bit every index until it gets to the takeoff station at which point it would:
a) drop it down a reject shoot because it is bad
or
b) drop it on a conveyor to go to a further process.

It seems that with the SFT instruction, both the I & P inputs have to be on in order to load a 1 but at the same time it shifts it.

Am I thinking about this the right way or should or is there another more better way to do this.

Please help

Thanks.

Not familiar with Omron, but what I try to do with a SR is to load a 1 every cycle initially (fail all) and reset that particular bit in the sequence when a good part is detected. This way you have less chance of a bad part entering further processes, and the 0 "good part" shifts to your eject station.
Sorry I can't help with the code.
tommy23t

It seems that with the SFT instruction, both the I & P inputs have to be on in order to load a 1 but at the same time it shifts it.....Am I thinking about this the right way
Yep (well done, an ideal shift application), the reason why u need to turn on I and P....I is input ie 1 or 0, Good or Bad. The P is pulse input (mabey from an encoder) to shift the data on I so that you can keep track of it so that when the chute sees a 0 the chute is open and when it sees the 1 then it's closed.