2wire connection to a 4wire modul ?? (Siemens)

userxyz

In a project I've choosen for the next modul:

6ES7134-4GB11-0AB0
SIMATIC DP, ELECTRONIC MODULE FOR ET 200S, 2 AI STAND. I-4DMU 15 MM WIDE, +/-20MA; 13 BIT + SIGN,4 .. 20MA; 12 BIT FOR 4-WIRE TRANSDUCER CYCLE TIME 65 MS/CHANNEL WITH LED SF (GROUP FAULT)

It's especially for 4wire connection.
Now I see that I have a 2wire pressure sensor (to measure a volume in a tank). It works from 4 to 20mA, 0 to 6 bar.

I connected the 2wire sensor on the 4wire modul like this:

24V to 1 of the sensor
2 of the sensor to the Analogue input of the modul (M+).
0V to the analogue input (M-)

Can this work, 2wire connection on 4wire module ?
Or do we need to exchange to a module that is 2wire ?

Kind Regards,
Gerry

hmm

I think I will have to take that risk then. I first ordered a High Feature Card, but it could not be delivered in time, so I ordered a 4wire 6AG7 instead of 6ES7, because 6ES7 was also not in their mall.

I didn't have the information of the sensor in advance, that was the annoying thing.

Yes it works with external 24V in the loop. But if you get a short circuit on the sensor cable, your AI might blow up.

Kalle

great

indeed

Voltages, currents, potentials
Rated load voltage L+ (from the power module) 24 VDC​
•​
Reverse polarity protection Yes
Power supply of the transducers Yes

•​
Short-circuit protection Yes, 60 mA (for both channels)
Electrical isolation

•​
Between the channels and backplane bus Yes

•​
Between the channels and load voltage L+ No

•​
Between the channels No
Permissible potential difference

•​
Between MANA and the backplane bus (Uiso) 75 V DC, 60 V AC
Insulation tested 500 VDC
Current consumption

•​
From load voltage L+ Max. 30 mA

Power dissipation of the module Typically 0.6 W

thanks

Looking at the diagram for the module, the 24V output is current limited to 30mA so a short on the cable shouldn't be a problem.

http://support.automation.siemens.c...ib.csFetch&nodeid=26546804&forcedownload=true

Last edited: