HW Updates in Step7

JiNCs

Hey folks,

I have to replace a hw device in the HW config. When I tunnel down in the tree on the right side of the HW window and get to the where I think it should be I don't see it. I have a 315-2 DP CPU and 'tunneled' through SIMANTIC 300/SM-300/DO-300 looking for a 6ES7 322-1EH01-0AA0, 16bit 120/230vac 0.5a digital output module. Its not there.

If I look in catalog profiles I see it but cannot get it to where it shows in the usable tree.

Am I looking in the correct tree folder? Can someone help with getting either the HW config updated with this module and/or get the module from the profile to the tree?

Thanks . . . as usual!! o_O
JiNCs

Yes you are looking the right place.
When your PC is connected the internet, perform a "install HW updates" in the HW Configurator.
The mentioned output module should be available with all STEP7 versions.

Dont think there is a big difference to the previous version 6ES7322-1EH00-0AA0.

Thanks JesperMP.

Not sure what I was doing earlier today but I thought I downloaded the updates from the internet and then installed them. I guess I wasn't holding my mouth right. :oops: When I looked I didn't see the module. Maybe I overlooked it.

I followed your instructions and there it was.

You're right, its probably not much difference between the modules.

Thanks again
JiNCs