Reg: Password Protection in Step-7

natcheappan

Hi

i would like to add the write protection to user programs in step 7.
whether i need to install any additional softwares for this.
also pls tell me how can i do this access protection.

regards
Nachi

Simply specify a password under the "protection" tab of the CPU properties.
You can decide to add the password for write only or both read-write.

Beware that the password protection can be broken.
STEP7 v5.5 should add unbreakable password protection.

Hi Jesper and LD,

thanks for your reply.
my objective is to give the PLC program to our duty engineers on shifts(Who have little knowledge of PLCs). they should be able to read the diagnostic buffer when problem arises. the other functions they do not need.
i want to prevent the program being read and written by them.
am using simatic manager v 5.4.
can you pls suggest the solution for me.

immaginezl.png

As suggested from Jesper, you can decide to enable the password for write/read protection mode as image attached.

In this way the duty engineers will have full access to all S7 program functions in offline mode only.

Last edited:
Thank you cagliostro.
i will do the same.
jesper, as you said the password can be broken: i want to know in what way they can break my password. we are working in a sensitive zone. so i dont want to take risk. can you say me how people will break this password

hello sir
i put passward in my plc then the user change that and he forget it pleace help me to passthrow the program
thanks