Moeller PS 316.118-3 Bus Interface EBE 295.1

kamalfakieh

Dear All, need your help to solve problem with Moeller PS 316 PLC
this PLC is mounted in an old machine and it uses 2 bus interfaces cards [FONT=&quot]EBE 295.1-3 SBI the first card communicate with 3 remote modules and the second one with 8 .
3 days ago the machine not starting and the Bus LED on the second card blinking (communication not ready) while the first card the Bus LED permanently on (communication OK) we checked all the cables connecting the PLC with the remote modules and no shorting and no high resistance.
we tried to change the bus communication card that is showing the fault but the problem was not solved. but what we noticed is that on the old card there is an
EEprom with a tag: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](SY –EBE 295.1V2.10 D9) while on the new card the EEprom Tag is:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](SY-EBE 295.1 V2.03 D9)[/FONT] even the 2 cards have exactly the same number [FONT=&quot]EBE 295.1-3 SBI .
my question is: does the version on the eeprom matter in the communication
if not , where could the problem be ???
[/FONT]

swap the cards to check if problem is on the sending cards or on the receiving ones.
if found error card then move on.
probably it means you will have to use newer plc as this old ones are not supported for long time.

Dear Shooter, we have already tried to swap the cards as you said but also it did not work (the Bus LED continuous blinking),the card (good one) that is communicating with the 3 remote modules (PS 306)is having a tag also on the EEProm [FONT=&quot](SY-EBE 295.1 V2.03 D9) while the one having the problem is [/FONT][FONT=&quot]SY –EBE 295.1V2.10 D9
if there is any expert in moeller PLCs that can just tell us if this version thing affects the communication .
[/FONT]