Pep Smart IO

Dear All

Is there anyone that used PEP, Smart IO, and used The ISAGraph software for programming PLC......

if there anyone, it would be great so I can ask him some question

thanks in advance

Hi,

ISaGRAF is a "target-independent" (basically it's true) IEC61131-3 tool available for PLC-like programming on many non-PLC platforms usually running real-time OS. And also for Windows targets.

Apart from that... well, almost all PLC brands seem to adopt and promote such programming techniques.

Depending on your questions (OS, C, ISaGRAF, interface...) you might need to deal directly with the manufacturers. Notice that software - OS, tools and languages - are licenced to integrators. They sell them with added components from their own (for hardware, memory... managements), and sometimes don't work with the last available product's versions (stability concerns). Doesn't make problem solving simple...

If the built-in functions package (ISaGRAF) covers your whole project it's a pretty good solution. If you have to develop your own C code... (n) Better try to use basic OS function calls from ISaGRAF and limit this as much as possible. Always prefer to ask your hardware manufacturer for informations. Anyway try those links :

ISaGRAF : http://www.altersys.com
PeP/Kontron : http://www.pep.com

PeP is a german company. ISaGRAf was developped by several french teams, and has been sold to ICS Triplex (G.B). The ICS Triplex ISaGRAF team is located in Canada (near Montreal)...

Regards

Laurent