How Do I find...OTE C-LOGIX

Right click on the tag and "Go to Cross Reference for...". This will list all the places that address is used and you can sort and search in that list for multiple OTE instructions.

I don't know of a way to check for multiple OTE instructions in general, only one tag at a time.

Thanks, I did already know about checking for individual tags but I was wondering if there was a way to do an "over all" multiple OTE check....

are you talking about "double-coil" type stuff? ...

see if this helps ... this is from Version 16 - other versions might be different ...

duplicate_ote.jpg

Thats it Ron, However, when I downloaded my code, I never got the warning message, So what happened was two rungs of logic were trying to turn on the same output....I noticed the blinking output, and did my search on it, then found the duplicate OTE.

I don't know if I did this else where, so I was wondering if there is a way to do an overall check.🍻

BTW - I am using ver 17.00.00 (CPR 9 SR1)

Both are greyed out like they don't need it...Actaully it said "verify complete with no error's or warnings"...As a matter of fact; I purposely created another duplicate output and did a verify on the run, while online and still received no Warning or errors....try it!

Last edited:
Both are greyed out like they don't need it...Actaully it said "verify complete with no error's or warnings"...As a matter of fact; I purposely created another duplicate output and did a verify on the run, while online and still received no Warning or errors....try it!

RSLogix5000 will report duplicate destructive bits - provided the option is turned ON in Tools->Options as per Ron's post.

Are you sure you have this option turned on, AND you are verifying the whole Controller, not just the current routine?

Can you post your code so we can double-check?I have checked this in Vers 16.03 and 17.01

Perhaps it's a bug in 17.00.00 ?

no bug in 17

I am using 17 and it will always indicate the duplicate coils. This DOES NOT show up as ERROR....it DOES showup as a WARNING.

A warning will not stop you from downloading a program.

Last edited:
RSLogix5000 will report duplicate destructive bits - provided the option is turned ON in Tools->Options as per Ron's post.

Are you sure you have this option turned on, AND you are verifying the whole Controller, not just the current routine?

OOOP's...Thats it....Problem resolved!o_O

so which was it jimdi4 ? option not checked on, or just verifying current routine ?