PLC Siemens S5 115U CPU942

blima

Hi,

I have tried with the cable IBH S5-USB-Adaptor, communicate with the PLC above, but I can not! The response of the technical assistance of IBH Softec is that the port of the PLC may be damaged. I'm using S5 S7 for windows version 6.6.1. The cable is good because I've used in other PLC's.

Configuration used: Baud rate: 9600, Parity, No Handshake, Data bits: 8 Stop bits: 1

My question is if I can try with the software PG2000? How do you configure the serial port? Is there another alternative?

I also have the cable from Siemens AG / TTY 6ES5 734-1BD20, but the result is the same when used with a converter Serie / USB.

Regards,
Bruno

If I understand you correctly, you say that the IBH SW and the cable is working with other S5 PLCS. If these PLCs are S5-U-series, I see no point in trying another SW to connect to your 942.

The com port setting for AS511 is 9600 kbit/s.
The character frame is 11 bits: 1 start bit, 8 data bits, even parity bit, 1 stop bit.

To me your problem seem to sit in the PLC.

1: I don't have the docu of the IBH cable, but if it is powered from the CPU interface, you should check the voltage of the power pin(s). Eventually replace the power unit.
Did you try to:
2: restart
3: power off one minute /on
4: remove the EPROM (if exists) and reset.

If none of this get you online, I would change the CPU.

Kalle

cpu94xinterface.gif

Hi KalleOlsen,

What are the voltages that I should see on the PG port of the PLC?

Pin 3 - 5,2V
Pin 4 - 24V
Pin 14 - 5,2V

Other pins that I should considerer?

The internal battery of the PLC is dead, but it has an EEPROM with the program of the machine. Should the battery be good to successfully communicate with the PLC?

Why do you point out to the CPU? Perhaps the problem is on the surrounding components of the PG Port. The PLC is installed on a running machine, so I assume the CPU is ok!

Thanks for the reply,
Bruno

Hi!

What are the voltages that I should see on the PG port of the PLC?

Pin 3 - 5,2V
Pin 4 - 24V
Pin 14 - 5,2V

Other pins that I should considerer?

>> Measure the voltages! If they're OK, then you can forget this point. If any of them lacks, you have to check if the IBH cable is powered from the CPU interface.

The internal battery of the PLC is dead, but it has an EEPROM with the program of the machine. Should the battery be good to successfully communicate with the PLC?

>> Nix, battery is no problem.

Why do you point out to the CPU?

>> It's the CPU that does not communicate.

Perhaps the problem is on the
surrounding components of the PG Port.

>> All 942s I've ever seen have had an integrated 15 pin Dsub connector and no surrending PG-port components.

Kalle

Hi!

I have checked and the voltages are there! I'm thinking in opening the CPU if I can see any cold joint our other visible problem in the board of the CPU.

I will test the components in the surroundings of the D-connector of the PCB board.

Thanks for the tips.

Regards,
Bruno

Hi,

I had no cold joints in the D-connector!

Is it possible to convert the file that is burned in the EPROM to a file that I can convert it in ladder logic in S5 and S7 for windows?

The manufacturer of the machine can send me the files in bin or hex extension for the EPROM. Can I convert them in step5 readable files?

My goal is to see the ladder logic of the machine.

Regards,
Bruno