RS5000; HSC in frequency mode

darkesha

Hello everyone !

I need some help on High Speed Counter card (1794 class) set in a frequency mode.
We just got installed a Laser (HSV 300) to measure speed of our product. We are supposed to measure linear velocity of product based on frequency of pulses of laser's encoder output.
The Laser's sw tells me that the max frequency of the output is 33.3333kHz and for every meter I should have 2000 pulses.

What I don't know is how to set the HSC in the software. The way I have it is:
Frequency mode
No Store mode
And Scaler of 0 (I think this represent a 1000ms period over which it collects counts).
I get somewhere around 450 000 in PresentValue tag.
As far as I remember I would get this number when we run 4.5m/min and when we run 8m/min.
What have I missed ?

I understood that if you don't change scaler from default 0 it will add number of counts compared to internal 4MHz clock that happen over one second and display it in PresentValue tag.

Just to add another fact: I am doing this in a scheduled task with priority of 10 (Period of 500ms).