Micrologix 1500 Memory Error

demmons

I am using a Micrologix 1500.

Base unit: 1764-24BWA
Processor: 1764-LRP
Memory Module: 1764-MM2

I have downloaded the program with only S:1/10, "Load Memory Module On Memory Error" set. When I cycle the power, the memory module loads, so I assume I have had a memory error. This is a brand new unit. The battery is putting out 3.6 volts. What is going on here? Do I have a bad processor or am I just missing something?

Another odd thing, when I cycle the power with the keyswitch in REM. The unit comes up in program mode.

Not sure about your memory error problem but the power-up behavior might be explained by( see blow)

Also post your .RSS file if you can. (zip it first) maybe someone can spot something. Inductive loads unprotected, double check grounding.

powerup.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mickey. Here is the program, I have just set the run mode bit and the fault override bit before I saved and compressed it.

That's somewhat of a bandage.Again make sure you have surge protection on your outputs and double check the grounding.