slc 5/04 w/uncommunicable dh485?

jaimeng6

Another comm. fault, I wouldn't of bothered you but I have exhausted all I've got! READ THE MANUAL SLC 500 HARDWARE STYLE TOO. PROCESSOR WAS ON DH485 NETWORK TRYING TO COMM. THRU ANOTHER NET AIC AND I FAULTED THE PROCESSOR SWAPPED IT OUT AND TOOK THIS ONE TO DEFAULT AS I HAVE OTHERS AND GOT IT BACK TO COMMS. MY QUESTION IS "IS IT POSSIBLE TO DAMAGE CHANNEL 0 SO IT WONT COMMM TO DH485 AND ONLY TO DF1?".

The slc 5/04 can do DH 485 if the port is configured for it.

All the net-aic module is doing is converting froma rs 232 wiring standard to a rs 485 wiring standard. The net aic baud rate and the channel buad rate must match.

Check the power to the aic module. You are powering it from a seperate suply correct? The manual says it can be powered from the chasis power supply but i really don't like to do that.

Set the available node number as low as you can this will help with speed.

I have seen some 5/04 with older firmware act up when set to dh 485 many times a reset to factory defaults is requied

Thanks for the advice Kid!
I had this 5/04 configured to dh485 until I tried to connect to it thru the network. you answered my question. I will have to keep defaulting over again and again.