1200 Series Rev. C/rev. B Plc

pcontrol

WE HAVE ALLEN BRADLEY PLC 1200 SERIES B.(HARD WARE VERSION)
PLC IS OLDER OF TWO-THREE YEARS.
NOW ALL THE NEW 1200 SERIES PLC ARE REV.C.

WE WANT TO CHANGE THE PROGRMA OF THE PLC( REV. B).
WE HAVE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:-

1. IF WE PUT EPROME OF SERIES C IN PLC OF SERIES B , WILL IT WORK?
NEW PROGRAM WRITTEN IN EPROME WILL BE UPDATED?

2. WHEN WE TRY TO DOWNLOAD SERIEC B PROGRAM TO SERIES C , IT AUTOMATICALLY CONVERTED IN SERIES C. HOW TO STORE PROGRAM IN EPROME
OF SERIES B IN SERIES C PLC?

I dont think it will matter what revision it is as far as the programming goes. Either program should work in either plc.

Revisions in this case usually refer to a hardware modification that I think is done for a variety of reasons to make the system more reliable. It can also represent that newer parts were used because parts were unavailable, outdated etc.

Where you have to worry about programs is when using different versions of software, (except for RSLogix5000)I am not sure this has been an issue with AB overall.

Hi group,
The only time that you MAY get into trouble is if you try to load a program written for a newer firmware system into an older firmware machine...I may be wrong, if so maybe one of the AB gurus will chime in and help us out.
David
ps...hey Ron, how are you?