1766-mm1 write only

Jeff23spl

A newbie with these memory module mischecked the write only box when programming the cartridge with a test program

is there a way to go back or the module is just good for garbage ?

What the manual says....
"Once Write Only is set, write protection cannot be removed. A change
cannot be made to the control program stored in a write protected
memory module. If a change is required, use a different memory​
module."

.....that sucks.

I bet the factory can "reset" (reflash) the memory... for a fee.

yeah i read that but i tried to see if an AB crack may know a way to do it like the factory...

usually these protections are to avoid a bad clic or prevent a non skilled user to erase important data, not to lock out integrators....Their is some points that i don't understand...

Back then with old tape disk or casette where you can put back a ruban tape to still use it when it was writte protected....

but instead i just bought a new one and class this under the "lost"