Vibration Monitoring system

omsumitam

Hi,
I am Looking for a System Configuration drw for a Vibration Monitoring System.
This is For 3 VT Pumps each of 1750KW and Pumping raw water from river.
my system wants to look after
[FONT=&quot]Pump Bearing Temperature (Thrust Pad & Journal Pad)
Pump Bearing Vibration Radial X-Y Direction
Pump Bearing Vibration Axial Z Direction
Motor Bearing Temperature DE & NDE
Motor Bearing Vibration DE in X-Y Direction
Motor Bearing Vibration NDE in X-Y Direction

The system would likely to have following components :

Keyphasor, accelerometers, proximity, probes, rtd probes and scanner, vibration modules, and all signals coming to PLC/SCADA with control and monitoring.

Does anybody has experience with Bentely Nevada 3500 sereis Systems .

[/FONT]☯

Bentley is rock solid equipment but very expensive. You can get comm capability with them by using an extra module. Similar equipment can be obtained from Metrix. Allen Bradley has some new monitoring equipment that is slightly lower in cost and has many configurations.

Unless I am doing spectral analysis and so on I usually use a proximator to get the signals into 4-20 mA and take the vibration signals right into a PLC. For spot checking there is a port on the proximator that you can use for the sophisticated analyis. The RTDs I almost always take right into the PLC.