The Brand question

Well I hope I'm not kicking a dead horse here 🤾, but I have to ask.

I recently purchased a small Panasonic PLC. With NO knowledge of PLC's I chose this route because of it's low cost and decent capabilities.

My Task:
I will be monitoring machines and counting cycles with my PLC and I need to send this information from my PLC to a HTTP post web service.

My Questions:
Did I choose the right or wrong PLC? Is there a better PLC for starters? Which PLC (if any) has capabilities to do HTTP post?

As always, Thanks in advance!

Panasonic is a odd ball here in the states. It's like buying a Dongfend when you can buy a GM or Toyota. Having said that, since you are a OEM machine maker, you do not have the need to learn anything else and have the option just to learn one PLC really well.

Most Ethernet/IP PLC can talk to a database or webservice via a OPOC server. The more popular lower I/O count PLC are Automation Direct and Rockwell's Micrologix.