GE Series Three

electro

Hello. We are in need of some help with a GE Series Three PLC w/ a Nematron PC. Does anyone know where we can get the manulas/software? for this PLC? Spare parts or compatible parts? Thank you.

Kevin

The Series Three manuals were never converted to electronic format. You'll have to find somebody with a paper copy. The best place to start will be with your local distributor. There was a software package called Logicmaster Three, but GE withdrew it from the market due to problems with it. If you need to modify the program, your best bet is the programmer attached to the Series Three. There was also a Series Three program pack for the portable programmer, but there aren't too many of those around either. All in all, the Series Three was never a successful product. Spend as little time and money as possible maintaining it while you convert to something current.

What do you mean by 'Nematron PC'? Nematron brand labeled operator interface units for GE for several years. Is that what you have?

Your Nematron units are probably as old as the GE units.
If so, then I don't think you should expect to find any kind of hardware and/or software support for the Nematron.

In the last 8 or 9 months I have phased out two Nematron stations for lack of support by Nematron. A third one is on its way out as well.

What are the particular Nematron model numbers?

Thanks!

Hey thanks guys I appreciate it. Yeah it looks like we will be using a used 90-30 instead most likely. Thanks again.

Kevin