GE Fanuc 90-30 comunication problem

morph77

hi all

i have a ge fanuc 90-30 on a machine it has 1 analog imput module, the problem is the module lost comunication with the plc, i tried to comunicate with logicmaster 90 demo and i get connected successfully but when i try to load the program from the plc a comunication problem appears, i have the same problem with versa pro.

i want to load the program from the plc next import the file with versapro and then try to solve the problem of the analog module

help me please...

Need more details.
* Part number and version of the 90-30 CPU would help.
* What version of VersaPro?
* What cable are you using?
* Has this setup worked in the past?

The LM90 Demo software is limited on the size of program that it can handle, most likely will not work.

Hi RussB

GEFanuc 90 30: CPU313
hardware: 10.21
software: 6.51

versapro version: 2.04
logicmaster 90 demo version: 8.02

this is my cable

9 pin-F 15 pin-M

Rd 2 ------------- 12 SD+(B)
Td 3 ------------- 10 RD+(B')
Sig.Gnd 5 ------------- 7 SG

Jumpers

RTS 7 ---| |--- 6 RTS+(B)
CTS 8 ---| |--- 15 CTS+(B')

DTR 4 ---| |--- 8 CTS-(A')
DSR 6 ---| |--- 14 RTS-(A)

im using win xp, like i say im able to connect to the plc and in logicmaster i can see de inputs changing values but not the ladder logic and in versapro
only i could get connected but nothing more...this is my first time using this softwares...

thanks for answer..

You have all that you need. Take the time to learn VersaPro or invest in Proficy Machine Edition software.
VP is not supported by GEIP so you will need to read the documentation on the CD and what you can find on the 'net.
For specific questions about VP, you can ask here and if you are lucky someone will remember the correct answers.

tank you very much..

i have one more question..i been reading the last two days about this plc and the softwares.

the program loaded on the plc was made in logicmaster 90, my question is if i need the software logicmaster 90 or with versapro would be enought....

I have had machines programmed with logic master but configured with versapro. it was a profibus thing.
I am guessing logicmaster is all you need.
I actually miss logicmaster. and the arraymove
The best PLC tool ever created.

Last edited:
tank you very much..

i have one more question..i been reading the last two days about this plc and the softwares.

the program loaded on the plc was made in logicmaster 90, my question is if i need the software logicmaster 90 or with versapro would be enought....
Either will work, but the Demo version that you listed will not work with a large program. If you have the VersaPro CD there is a full version of LM90 on it, 90-30 version 9.05.

Either will work, but the Demo version that you listed will not work with a large program. If you have the VersaPro CD there is a full version of LM90 on it, 90-30 version 9.05.

there was the program all the time i didnt notice, i search the web for the lm90 and it was in front of my nose.

im running on windows seven and xp mode and the lm90 works great, now im going to read the manualto solve my problem because i dont have any signal from my analog input module i monitor the table references of the analog input and the values dont changes, now i want to check if the is the plc is detecting the analog module on the slot configuration but first i need to read the manual a little.

Thank you very much RussB...