Momentary Push Button in WinCC

hagos

Dear sparkies,

I wounder if there is a way in WinCC to have a momentary P.B, I know that this is possible in WinCC Flex (SET BIT WHILE KEY IS PRESSED), but couldn't find the same function in WINCC.

Appreciate your help

Hagos

In the button properties, the fourth tab is "Events". Under "Events", the second option is "Press". That is where you assign a tag to (SetBitWhileKeyIsPressed).

Thanks kbpatton for the reply,

I know that is possible in WinCC Flex, but I'm looking for the similar function in WinCC.

Rgards
Hagos

You have:

Events > Button > Mouse > Press left/Release left/Press right/Release right

All you need to make it work.
Set bit on press, reset bit on release.

You have:

Events > Button > Mouse > Press left/Release left/Press right/Release right

All you need to make it work.
Set bit on press, reset bit on release.

One thing to watch out for using this method is that if you're using a touchscreen then some of them timeout after a few seconds. I've seen this happen where the press event is registered ok then the screen times out and you loose the release event so the bit is never reset. This can be a real problem if, for example, the button in question was a "Speed UP" function then the machine continues to speed up when you take your finger off the button.

If using a touch screen, check the driver settings and test thoroughly.

Nick

Then this leads me to the following options:

C-Action
VBS-Action
Direct Connection

What option should I go for?, I'm asking this because I tried Direct Connection , but it didn't work.

Regards
Hagos