Reporting In RSview 32

Hani ahmed

Hi All
I'm trying to generate a SCADA report from AB Rsview 32 software but i couldn't find the tool that can be used for that.
So could you please tell me the different reporting tools i can use to generate a report?

The best way I have found is to log the data to DB (USE ACCESS TYPE), then use excel.
I have done this many times, the best way to get the data if you are not experienced is create a macro in excel, get data (use the get external data in excel) run new query then point it to the db on the rsv32 machine, import it to excel, the stop & save the macro, goto vb in excel, convert the macro to vb code then you can see how it grabs the data & puts it on the sheet, modify the sql statement like set the date/time fields to variables then use a calendar to query the date, the type of data etc, then format it in vb, save the excel sheets as an xlt then this can be used by anybody to query the data.
Below is a simple macro to fetch data from an mdb
Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 20/08/2010 by len
'

'
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=Array(Array( _
"ODBC;DSN=MS Access Database;DBQ=G:\D BACKUP\SITE PLC FILES\SITE B\POWERMONITORDATA\Logged Data1\RiceCooler.mdb;DefaultDir=G:\D BACKU" _
), Array( _
"P\SITE PLC FILES\SITE B\POWERMONITORDATA\Logged Data1;DriverId=281;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;" _
)), Destination:=Range("A1"))
.CommandText = Array( _
"SELECT FloatTable.DateAndTime, FloatTable.Millitm, FloatTable.TagIndex, FloatTable.Val, FloatTable.Status, FloatTable.Marker" & Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & "FROM FloatTable FloatTable" & Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & "WHERE (FloatTable.DateAndTime>{ts '2004-11-30 " _
, _
"12:21:53'} And FloatTable.DateAndTime<={ts '2004-11-30 12:45:31'})" & Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & "ORDER BY FloatTable.DateAndTime" _
)
.Name = "Query from MS Access Database"
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.PreserveFormatting = True
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.BackgroundQuery = True
.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
.SavePassword = True
.SaveData = True
.AdjustColumnWidth = True
.RefreshPeriod = 0
.PreserveColumnInfo = True
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End With
End Sub
if you change the datetime into a variable then populate this with date&time you can run the query to get data from to date time.