Reconfiguring a 1794-VHSC Via Code

TheRidDler

Hi all. This would be my first post on this forum, but i have so say i have been following it for quite some time and it has provided me with alot of answers in the past. For this issue however i cannot find anything that is clear to me (ive found some but they confuse me) :) I hope you all can gimme a hand.

Problem : I need some rungs of code to restore the value i am backing up in real time back to the preset window of the VHSC and then ultimately back into the current counts after extensive powerloss (SFC).

Complications : Of all the answers i have read some indicate the methodology to follow is - 1) Write backup counts into preset window 2) Flag counter preset bit 3) Inhibit and Uninhibit the module. Others suggest doing Inhibit, then writing preset and flagging counterpreset, then uninhibit. Both options have been unsuccessful so far. I dont know if im doing it wrong or if the order is right to begin with.

Suggestions : I have been trying to experiment with the Module Reconfigure MSG instruction but again im not sure of the order of which to set and unset / inhibit and uninhibit the module bits or when to issue the MSG to get the value to actually take. ;)

Any help or even some sample code would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know if this will halp as it was on a CompactLogix 1769-HSC but the procedure may be similar:

1. Disable counting
2. Move information into the configuration
3. Issue the Reconfiguration message
4. Wait for module status to indicate that configuration is OK and that the Re-config message is done.
5. Re-enable counting.

Hi Bernie. Thank for the reply. I actually have the 1756-HSC on my system as well and have managed to get that working fairly ealisy through a 'maintenance' issued MSG. The Flex on the other hand is giving me nightmares. I picked up on a few answers on the Rockwell Knowledgebase that state flex modules have to be inhibited and uninhibited before they will accept a config change via code, but i dont know if i even get that part of the coding right since the only indication of that would be my Ch0CurrentCount actually macthing the backup, which it doesnt.

Can you write to a 'Reset Count' (if it exists) position then cause a 'reset'? I don't have the Flex but there was some other counter where I had to take that indirect route.

Yes, to reset the counts to zero is fairly easy, one just triggers the reset bit and all goes to 0. Unfortunately i need to manipulate the Ch0CurrentCount as we cannot always position the machine on 0.