RS logix500 config I/O problem

I'm sure theres a simple answer for this but I can't find it.

I'm using RSlogix 500 Ver6.20
the PLC is a 1747 5/05

I have the program for a machine on my desk-top.
I can look at edit and add I/O to my hearts content.
But when I save the program to a memory stick, put it on my laptop and try to edit the i/o I can't.
It does not show full rack. It shows the machine as having a 2 slot rack and not the 13 slot rack installed.

I've saved the progam 3 times now on the desktop, opened it on the laptop with the same result.

Whats going on?

I think there is a work around. I can't remember if you open the project in a text file and change the version information or if it involves doing a save as to the library file .SLC or none of the above.
Can you upgrade your laptop software?