Short Range Radio I/O

Oceansoul

Hi. Im after a way to send 3 or 4 signals from a remote part of our site to the closest PLC. The distance isnt very far ~ 50-100m but the terrain is terrible i.e. A Lagoon, many bramble bushes etc. Obvo to run a cable is going to be a nightmare and more importantly for my boss, too expensive. So i mentioned radio. Previously we have used Churchill controllers http://www.churchill-controls.co.uk/ But due to a company politics issue, we cant use them.

Anyone know any other I/O sending radio products?

Im not looking for a RIO Rack type, just something to send I/O Bits to the PLC I/O Cards.

check out BANNER, they have exactly what you are looking for, i dont have my catalogues with me right now, but i am sure google will be able to help

I've tried the Banner devices, and have absolutely no issues with them. They run fine, and some are specifically tailored for extreme low-power operation (say, remote station off of a battery).
They also have excellent connectivity. My remotes are combination analog/digital I/O blocks, and they connect to an Ethernet/IP gateway block that I read in to a convenient AB Logix PLC.

I have also had good success with Phoenix Contact in a very "noisy" environment. Initial project just had digital I/O, but I am in the process of adding Analog to it.