ABB 800M PLC drops out of network

lazy8

I have four ABB 800M, each connected using COM1 to a Cisco Switch. A server using iFIX 3.5 and ABB OPC Server 3.2. Every now and then the connection to the PLC is lost. It won't reply when pinging. It simply drops out. It comes back after it's power-clycled.

Has anybody have this problem before?

The PLC is also connected to remote racks using profibus (C851 and C830). One of the remote racks has been powered down. Not sure since it is down the PLC gets hung up trying to establish connection via profibus to that remote unit.

Similar Topics

Hi guys, Need help, is it possible to communicate altivar71 vfd to AC800M plc?
Replies
Views
Looking for information on the ABB 800M series PLC, specifically the PM851 CPU. The CPU comes with an ethernet port . I cannot determine the...
Replies
Views
Hi, does anyone know where i can download this software i am in urgent need of it as i need it to complete my school assignments. only the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I don't have the latest back up of the application program in my engineering station(Control Builder). So I am not able to go online without...
Replies
Views
I have a PLC type PM856 from ABB with some I/O modules and I get an error from the Digital Inputs model type DI801. The unit status shows error...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom