programing advice

Tbuck24

I am Not and experienced programmer but I am getting a machine running again at my facility. one line of code got erased in my program I am reinserting it and am getting a step overflow error can anyone help

program looks like

117 out t 24
k 6

after the k6 I hit go and I get step overflow . :oops:

You'll get better quality answers by asking better quality questions. It would be helpful if you identified the brand and model PLC and the programming device or software you're using to program it.

At first glance it looks like you might be entering an incomplete rung. I suspect the "117" is an address that needs to be associated with a contact instruction so that if the 117 contact instruction evaluates true the timer T24 will start timing. Of course, there may be other missing logic before the "117".

I will take a guess on the limited info avaliable.

I suspect the timer OUT T4 K6 is within an STL state
(it's the only instance in mitsi where you can have just a timer on a line)
The step overflow means that there are too many steps on that STL branch (there is a limit)

You might need to go to a fresh new line to insert the timer.

Just a guess